Bout of Books Wrap-Up

So the Bout of Books read-a-thon is done and I suck. I did read more than I usually do in a week, and more than I would have otherwise read this week, which turned out to be unexpectedly busy despite my optimistic predictions. I completely failed at keeping track of my progress beyond the first days, though. That's mostly because I only found time to squeeze in some reading at night. Every time I found myself turning off my ereader at 4 am, I'd decide that tomorrow I would do better and would update then. Yeah, I never did do better. (Except for that one night when I went to bed at 5, but the less said about that, the better.)

In any case, this has been a very fun event and many thanks to the people who organized it. Even with little time to dive into it, it's been great fun seeing people's updates in the boutofbooks hashtag. And to wrap this up, here's my progress on the books I was supposed to read this week: 
  • Where Angels Fear to Tread - done, review to follow soon
  • Daniel Deronda - done, review to follow at some point 
  • Death in Venice - done, review to follow at some point 
  • Wolf Hall - almost done, review to follow (soon or at some point, depending on how this book ends)
  • Death of Ivan Ilyich - yeah, didn't touch this one

And now I'll go back to my reading, because after all...

via: http://haroldsplanet.com/

7 comments:

  1. stopping by for the wrap up and glad you did get in some reading during the read a thon. hope you will be in the next one in August.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/bout-of-books-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love your picture!! It's OK I only read 4 books. Besides Wolf Hall is a giant book so consider that 2!

    Bout of Books Wrap-up
    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun's the most important part! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture; very true! Awesome reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4am. You are a lot tougher than me and those must be amazing books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did well even if you didn't quite meet your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, brilliant image. No one can never ever have enough books. Glad you had a lot of fun.

    Here is my progress post.
    Lauren at Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete